Sunday, May 4, 2008

Double Drabble Sunday! Prompt: Raunchy

The Trash Merchant

"It’s totally over the top. The violence, the sex – at some point, you’re just pandering."

"And what’s wrong with pandering if it sells? If you think we’re in this to make great art, you’d do well to disabuse yourself of that notion. If you want to elevate people’s souls, there’s a church down the way that might be a better fit. If you want to make money in this biz, stick with me."

"I understand, but don’t you worry about how future generations–"

"What do I care? I’ll be long gone. Now, let’s get back to it."

"Yes, Mr. Shakespeare."

Barstool

"I guess it was a little irritating. No, not just a little irritating – in fact, it was annoying as hell. I don’t know why we even had those meetings. The boss spent the whole time trading raunchy jokes with the boys, while Connie sat there making goo-goo eyes. I’ll tell you, it came as no surprise when he fired me and gave her my job. Oh, I’m not saying anything was going on, but one does wonder.

"But the worst was, nobody ever listened in that office."

"That’s tough, Mr. Powell. Hey, you ordering or not? It’s last call...."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice. I think I've been on that barstool.