Friday, August 1, 2008

Drabble: Falling

I'm back from the trip. I was great about doing these the first week, then sort of just didn't have the time or energy. I'll be getting back in the every-day swing, and I also have something cool that should show up in a newspost later this evening.

Falling

Air whistles loudly past my ears. Something is wrong. I don’t think this is where I fell asleep. I can’t bring myself to open my eyes, but I’m sure at once that something has gone terribly wrong.

I can remember dozing just after take-off, coming half awake but feigning sleep as the first drinks service came by. And now I’m awake with this wind, surely plummetting to my death.

I finally open my eyes, figuring it’s best to face this honorably. The bright light is a surprise, until I put it all together and twist shut the air vent.

No comments: