Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy IPSTD! Double Drabble: Make

In observance of International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day, I am presenting a special mid-week double drabble. Enjoy!

Make-Up (1)

A knock on my cell door. They call it my room, but they still lock it from the outside. I don’t answer, but the keeper comes in anyways.

"You’re needed."

"You gonna let me go?"

He sighs. "You know we can’t. And you should feel honored. You wouldn’t have been asked to serve Leader if you weren’t the best make-up artist in Hollywood before the revolution."

"And if his war scars weren’t convincing, there goes his image."

He puffs out his chest. "The public need visible evidence of Leader’s sacrifices."

"Don’t sell the salesman. Just get me my kit."

Make-Up (2)

It was said that the mountain god was off chasing a virginal spirit, the slim, young personification of some spring or waterfall. That explained the poor flow of the river, which was under the purview of the valley goddess, who did not take lightly her husband’s amorous adventures.

So priests went to the mountain to present sacrifices, pleading that the god return to his marital bed.

The priests were hung from a nearby tree by the few who survived both the mountain’s violent erruption and the subsequent flooding. Even a priest should understand the dangerous potency of make-up sex.

No comments: