Sunday, March 9, 2008

Double Drabble Sunday! Prompt: Obviously

Group

"...And that’s when I knew I had to come get help."

"Thank you, Jeff," said Pastor Dave.

A hand went up across the circle.

"Do you have something to add?"

"Well, it wasn’t very original."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, sure, sad story and all, but it was just so obvious. No real originality."

"But it’s my story," said Jeff.

"No reason not to be interesting. Sure, we’re all junkies in here, but that doesn’t mean we’re not entitled to standards."

"He has a point," says Pastor Dave. "Why don’t you think it over, and tell us again next meeting."

Quarrel

"I just want to know what I did wrong."

"I think that should be obvious."

I feel like an animal caught in a trap. If she thinks it’s obvious, then I’d sure as hell better not ask again, but that puts me at a strong disadantage in the argument. And even if it’s something I didn’t actually do wrong, I can’t defend myself because I don’t know what I’m being accused of.

"Come on, don’t you have something to say for yourself?"

"I, I...." This, on top of having to clean all that kitten hair out of my tire treads?

No comments: